Wednesday 27 January 2016

Parable of the King Who Lost His Finger (Story with a Moral): God is Good, Even When Bad Things Happen to Us

A king had a male servant who, under all circumstances always said to him: "My king, do not be discouraged because everything God does is perfect, and He makes no mistakes."

One day, they went hunting and a wild animal attacked the king. The servant managed to kill the animal but couldn't prevent his majesty from losing a finger.

Furious and without showing any gratitude, the king said; "If God was good, I would not have been attacked and lose one finger".

The servant replied: "Despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good and everything He does is perfect; He is never wrong."

Outraged by the response, the king ordered that the servant be imprisoned.

Later, the king left for another hunt and was captured by savages who used human
beings as sacrifice.

On the altar, the savages discovered that the king did not have one finger in place,
and released him because they considered him to "incomplete" to be offered to their gods.

On returning to his palace, the king authorised the release of his servant and told his servant: "My friend, God was really good to me. I was almost killed but for lack of a single finger, I was let go."

"However, I have a question," the king added. "If God is so good, why did He allow me to put you in prison?"

The servant wisely replied: "My king, if I had gone with you, I would have been sacrificed because I have no missing finger."

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18. KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment