Thursday 4 February 2016

How to Deal with a Sudden Demonic Mind Attack

In their book “How to Heal the Sick”, the late healing evangelist Charles Hunter shares how one can deal with a sudden demonic mind attack:
One day before Frances and I were married, I was driving from one part of Houston to another while I was working as a Certified Public Accountant. The sun was shining, I was happy, I was singing songs of praise to God, and the whole world was thrilling to live in. I stopped in the bright sunlight at a parking lot, got out of the car and started toward a cafeteria for lunch.

My life had been totally surrendered to God and I had spent over a thousand exciting hours meditating in the Bible the past few months. Everything was beautiful and perfect!
But as I stepped out of the car, a darkness, a depression came over me and it felt like everything was wrong, that all love left me, all joy and peace left, and that my whole world had caved in on me.

I didn't know what had happened. It was so sudden and my mind tried in a flash of a second to know what had happened. But, because my mind had been saturated with the Word of God, and was controlled by the Holy Spirit, and my desires were to please God and not myself, a scripture came quickly into my mind.

I said, "God, if that is the devil, get him out of here and draw close to me!"

Instantly, like a flash of lightning, all the darkness, the depression, the emptiness left me like a wind. The evil spirit which had so viciously attacked my mind could actually be sensed like a wind which for an instant rose out of me slowly and then it accelerated to a tremendous speed and disappeared into space.

Satan had sent a demon after me to try to get into my spirit to control me and to steal me away from the God I loved so much.

But, "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Heb. 4:12).

The great weapon against demons is the Word of God. That is one reason we should meditate day and night in his Word, and think about him and what will please him; not think about what we can get for ourselves.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (II Cor. 10:3-5).

The first time a demon attacks your thoughts is the time to get rid of it! Don't let it get a foothold on your mind or your thoughts. Preventive medicine is better than having to take medication for a cure. The Word of God is the immunization we need to protect us from demonic influence, control or possession. We need to have the nature of God implanted in us as an inoculation against the infection the devil places in our thoughts and inner desires.

Demons are invisible, bodiless creatures that have the ability to move about wherever Satan sends them, and they can hover over us, surround us, attack us, put thoughts into our minds, put diseases into our bodies, or even cause us to lose our minds and become insane.

They can be present at our birth, or as we are formed in the belly of our mothers, and cause defects in our formation. Being spirits who live forever, they can transfer from one generation to another and thus cause diseases or defects which may be in the form of genes or deformations.

They come against our flesh to try to control our souls. We must use all the understanding we can get, and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us how to get rid of them, in whatever way they attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment